|On October 20, 2003 the Moberly City Council approved an ordinance which established the Moberly Historic Preservation Commission and permitted the appointment of its membership. On October 28, 2004 The Moberly Historic Preservation Commission was certified under provisions of Section 101(c) of the National Historic Preservation Act as a participant in the Certified Local Government (CLG) Program. A Preservation Plan was adopted by ordinance on October 18, 2004.|
|Purpose & ObjectivesThe role of the Moberly lawncare service Commission includes, but is not limited to, the following:
MembersThe Moberly Historic Preservation Commission meets quarterly.
|Union Station OpeningOn December 11, 1889, the doors of the new Union Station were opened to the public for an evening of feasting and dancing. The magnificent $40,000 Union Station was completed and Moberly was celebrating its newest landmark of the railroad era. In the years that followed, thousands of visitors were to pass through its doors and admire its ornate furnishings, steam heat and electric lights.|
Shipping Containers are Made from steel cargo
Cargo Containers are for sale.
In the years I’ve lived in San Francisco I have seen more than my fair share of cargo shipping containers—sometimes being hoisted by cranes in the busy Port of Oakland, other times filling the decks of gigantic freighters passing through the Golden Gate. They have become so ubiquitous that I almost don’t see them at all; they are just one part of the Bay area landscape. When I have noticed them, it has only been to ponder the immense scale of the global economy, and to imagine the variety of goods they may be carrying. Although I may view them only as vehicles of commerce, there are some who have re-imagined these behemoths in an exciting new way. They have looked at shipping containers and said, “I could live in one of those.”
While the mention of people living in shipping containers may bring to mind horrible images of would-be immigrants forced into appalling living conditions by leaders of smuggling rings, I am not talking about that kind of living arrangement. Instead, I am referring to savvy architects and planners who have seen the benefits of incorporating shipping containers into their designs for homes, schools, youth centers and live/work complexes.
The use of modern cargo shipping containers first developed in the mid-fifties in Denmark, Canada, and the United States. These containers soon became invaluable, as their use streamlined the transportation of goods between ports and inland destinations via railroad cars and large trucks. They were created to be easily stackable and made sturdy to withstand wind and water, and these same attributes are what make shipping containers so attractive to architects and builders.
In addition to their sturdiness and flexibility, steel cargo containers for SALE. have other benefits. Designers looking for more environmentally friendly construction methods can practice recycling by using decommissioned containers from shipping companies. These containers are also much cheaper than standard building materials (sometimes by as much as half), and with their use, buildings can be assembled in much less time, with lower labor costs.
Another advantage to shipping containers is that they are easy to transport, having been designed expressly for that purpose. This can facilitate their use in disaster situations, allowing re-purposed containers to arrive quickly in areas where temporary housing is desperately needed. It also means that containers can be worked on in one location, and then easily transferred to the actual building site in another area when needed.
While building with shipping containers for sale, may make economic and environmental sense, who would want to live in a windowless metal box? Designers have gotten around this limitation in a variety of ways, most notably by incorporating containers into larger construction projects, cutting and shaping the existing containers as necessary. However, there have also been exciting projects created with only one shipping container, such as a “sauna box” developed by a Toronto design firm; a portable utility module that provides remote locations with water, power, and heating capabilities; and a girls’ athletic facility in South Africa.
The next level up from the single container structures are private homes designed using multiple containers. Zigloo Domestique, built using eight containers, was created by designer Keith Dewey in Victoria, British Columbia. The containers form the frame of the unique house he shares with his wife and daughter. Another example of this type of structure is a Redondo Beach house, designed and currently under construction by DeMaria Design Associates. According to their Web site, the new home will be “mold proof, fire proof” and “termite proof.”
The most ambitious projects undertaken using shipping containers are large-scale housing and office complexes, such as Container Cities I and II in London. Designed by Urban Space Management, Container City I is located at Trinity Buoy Wharf in London’s Docklands district, and comprises 12 work studios and three live/work apartments. Amazingly, it only took four days to install, and 80% of it is made from recycled material. Following the success of Container City I, Container City II was built adjacent to it in 2002. Notable for its ziggurat shape and bright colors, Container City II hosts 22 studios on five floors.
This development, as well as many others being designed and built around the world, may herald the shape of things to come. With its economic, environmental, logistical, and practical benefits, shipping container architecture provides a compelling alternative to conventional building methods.
College Basketball Predictions
Big 12 North Predictions
1. Nebraska Cornhuskers – Nebraska appears to be on its way back to national prominence after coming oh so close to upsetting Texas in last year’s Big 12 championship game. The Huskers are off to the Big Ten in 2011, but until then they will terrorize the Big 12 with their ferocious defense.
2. Missouri Tigers – Mizzou expects to have an offense that will be able to challenge the highly touted Nebraska defense, but the Tigers must visit Lincoln this season, giving the Huskers the edge in the Big 12 North.
3. Kansas State Wildcats – Bill Snyder stepped right in preaching fundamentals, and it instantly made the Wildcats a Big 12 North contender. Kansas is solid enough defensively, and take good enough care of the football on offense, to be very competitive again in 2010.
4. Iowa State Cyclones – Paul Rhoads was just what the doctor ordered for the Iowa State football program, bringing in a passion and energy for the job that had been missing since the school parted ways with Dan McCarney. He was able to lead the Cyclones to a bowl win in year one, leaving fans very excited about the future of the program.
5. Kansas Jayhawks – It figures to be a tough season in Lawrence with playmakers Kerry Meier and Dezmon Briscoe and QB Todd Reesing no longer on campus. That means it’s going to be a rebuilding year, but success should resurface soon with Turner Gill and Chuck Long calling the shots.
Colorado Buffaloes – It’s bowl game or bust for Colorado who has extended its relationship with Dan Hawkins’ beyond what I expected. He is just 16-33 since arriving in Boulder is where all the College Basketball Predictions are stored.
1. Oklahoma Sooners – 2009 was supposed to be a season in which the Sooners competed for a national title. Instead, Sam Bradford suffered a serious shoulder injury and they went just 8-5 as a result. The injury did allow Landry Jones to get his feet wet, and now Oklahama once again looks poised to win the South.
2. Texas Longhorns – Colt McCoy has left Garrett Gilbert with some big shoes to fill, and my guess is that it is going to take him some time to fill those shoes. Coach Mack Brown agrees, and that’s why he is changing his offense to a more traditional one with a power running game to create easy play-action opportunities for Gilbert. This explosiveness will help in this years college basketball predictions I expect Longhorns fans to really realize just how special of a player McCoy was this year.
3. Texas A&M Aggies – Led by explosive QB Jerrod Johnson and explosive outside linebacker Von Miller, the Aggies have an outside shot at winning the Big 12 South.
4. Texas Tech Red Raiders – Mike Leach went 110-60 at Texas Tech while boasting some of the most explosive offenses in the country. A small step back appears inevitable as the team adjusts to new coach Tommy Tuberville.
5. Oklahoma State Cowboys – Dana Holgorsen comes over Houston after his scheme helped the Cougars boast the No. 1 ranked offense in the country. He should pick up right where he left off at Oklahoma State, but the defensive side of the football will keep the Cowboys from being serious contenders.
6. Baylor Bears – The Bears can only go as far as QB Robert Griffin can take them. We found that out last season when the team seriously struggled following his season-ending ACL injury. He will be back in 2010, but it’s hard to think he will be the same player in this College Basketball Predictions
Most sports fans, be it horse racing or football, are interested in betting. Are you one among them and are you interested in making money on betting? Sports betting picks offer you that chance. Several websites offer you NBA predictions. Many of the forecasts from these sites are accompanied by game previews and analysis. The advice, tips and strategies will help you to increase the odds of winning.
The internet is the new realm for sports bettors and the majority of them flock to the internet to see what predictions are being made. However, you should be cautious when betting with an internet casino sports book. Make sure to choose one that is honest and reputable. The internet is also the best place where you can get football and nba predictions. You will also get articles offering betting advice and strategies. Many of these sites offer predictions made by experienced and seasoned football handicappers. The best football betting websites update daily during the footballs season and during off seasons weekly updates are made. Point spread betting is the most common form of football betting. Point spreads costs the bettor $110 to win $100. That extra ten dollars is what the bookmaker charges.
If you are new to NBA football betting you should go slow and easy. Get comfortable with the betting service and check the reliability of your bookie, the repayment technique, timing and any costs involved. To be safe make a few paper bets until you are sure of the technique. Bet with your head and not your heart and you will surely have lots of fun and come up a winner.
The 2012 NBA football betting season has arrived and the Super bowl predictions are gaining momentum. Enthusiastic gamblers eagerly look forward to this time of the year to see what the experts have to offer. But of course predictions will differ according to the one who makes them. Seasoned bettors start comparing and calculating the picks and predictions so that they can make the smartest bets. Also The odds for winning the season’s championships have also been released. But most Sports books will wait a little longer before releasing their NBA football picks and predictions. They wait and watch until the Odds makers have had the opportunity to consider player movement.
With all due respect to the picks and predictions, every season upsets do happen and a few sleeper teams rise from nowhere and shock the betting world. Even for such teams you will get predictions on the internet.
DoAbility UK features toilet seats for potty training girls with special needs.
These children toilet seats, which are made from strong plastic are stable and safe.
Your child can sit straight with a pair of reins, which are easy to adjust. The seat is also furnished with arm rests and a splash guard. A hook and butterfly nut placed at the back of the back rest fixes the seat. The hook can be adjusted and locked so you do not have to unscrew it when the toilet seat is lifted off.
Many parents worry about potty training their children with special needs since they tend to be more difficult to potty train.
Toilet training children with disabilities and some other related disorders is fraught with countless challenges stemming from the very core of their unique characteristics. The communication and sensory issues alone can create formidable barriers. As a result, typical strategies are frequently ineffective when used with children with special needs.
A major factor in the success of potty training is based on the development of an effective toileting schedule. To determine the right schedule for your child, data needs to be taken for at least 2 days on how often the child goes to the bathroom.
To do this, you should check for dry pants every 20 minutes. If you are lucky, you can find diapers, which have color indicators when the child voids.
Write down what times of day your child defecates since most people defecate at approximately the same time each day.
Once you have gathered enough data for 2 to 3 days, figure out approximately how often the child goes to the bathroom. Divide the number of minutes awake by the number of times the child went to the bathroom.
As a rule of thumb, the child should be taken to the bathroom, twice as often as the child’s average for urinating and defecating.
So, for instance, if the child goes to the bathroom at an average of once every hour, the child should be taken to the bathroom every half hour.
When setting up the toilet schedule, always remember the times of day your child is most likely to defecate, and try to have the toilet schedule occur close to these times.
Before taking your child to the bathroom for potty training, give the child a cue that it is time to go to the bathroom. I suggest helping the child make the sign for toilet until they can make it independently.
It is necessary that the bathroom be a very fun place. Reserve a couple of the child’s favorite toys or books, which they can only have access to while they are seated on the toilet. Additionally, music can be very helpful.
Do not force your child to seat on the toilet because the experience needs to be a positive one. If your child does not want to sit on the toilet, leave the bathroom, and try again at the next scheduled time.
Moreover, do not let your child sit on the toilet for more than 5 minutes. If he/she is going to void in the toilet, they will usually do it within that time frame.
If your child voids in the toilet, read this tips for potty training boys to make a big deal out of it. Praise your child verbally and give them a little reward.
One modification that can be made to increase your child’s rate of success at voiding in the toilet is to give them something to drink 15 minutes prior to the scheduled toilet time.